Co-presented by Hong Kong Dance Alliance and Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (HKAPA), commissioned by Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) and the support of World Dance Alliance, the International Dance Symposium will be held at HKAPA from 25 to 28 November, 2010.
This year's theme is Connecting Conversations: Choreography Now! in Chinese Communities, which aims to draw the world focus on Chinese artists working in the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, and in other Asian countries as well as artists of the Chinese diasporas working around the world.
Theme-based activities throughout the 4-day Symposium will include:
- Keynote Sessions: Offered by international maestro SHEN Wei of Shen Wei Dance Arts, WANG Mei of Beijing Dance Academy, Professor CHEN Ya Ping of TNUA, Taiwan, and Miss MUI Cheuk-yin
- Panel discussion: Attendees include renowned dance artists and academics, facilitated by Dr LO Wailuk, Prof Eva MAN, and YU Ping, the Minister of Arts Department of Ministry of Culture of PRC
- Premium performance from 6 local and oversea dance professionals with new work specially produced for the Symposium; and
- 21 Symposium presentation
- 35 Master classes/ workshops