2022 'New Force in Motion' New Series - Call for Choreography Proposal
Presented by the Hong Kong Dance Alliance, and sponsored by Leisure and Cultural Services Department, the 'New Force in Motion' Series in 2022 will continue to showcase the artistic ideas of emerging choreographers in Hong Kong in a practical format. Besides providing a professional platform and sponsorship to the new generation of choreographers, the Series also encourages the development of various dances genres in the local scene with an aim to spark creativity in choreography.
Throughout the years, the Series presented numerous talented choreographers including Gabbie Chan and Jennifer Mok (2018) ; Joseph Lee, Terry Tsang and Tsang Wing Fai (2019) ; Chan Wai Lok, Sudhee Liao and Alice Ma (2020); Vivian Luk, Natalie Mak and Poon Chun Ho (2021). Many of them have won awards at the annual Hong Kong Dance Awards, as well as being invited to conduct dance exchange and sharing in different countries.
- Performance venue and production cost;
- Production team, administrative and marketing support;
- Venue rental of rehearsals for each choreographer;
- Recommendation and audition of dancers;
- Artistic advisor(s)
Date: 23-25 December 2022, 4 performances (tentative)
Venue: Kwai Tsing Theatre, BlackBox Theatre
Stage type: End-stage
Audience Capacity: 120 / performance
Length: 20-30 minutes for each work
Number of dancers: Maximum of 6 for each work
- Applicant must be a Hong Kong resident;
- Priority will be given to emerging choreographers;
- All dance genres are invited to apply;
- Applicant must have presented choreography publicly;
- The proposed choreography must not be presented in the public before;
- If the proposed choreography is a solo work, the choreographers would not be able to take part as the dancer
Applicant maybe required to attend an interview in early May 2022.
13 April 2022 5:00pm
Proposal & How to apply
Please complete the Choreography Proposal and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state “ 2022 'New Force in Motion' Series - Call For Choreography Project application” in the email subject.
Choreography Proposal: Word format
2267 6663 / email@example.com