We are now seeking Editorial Trainee
The Hong Kong Dance Alliance is a non-profit-making body that supports and promotes all forms of dance in Hong Kong. Its publication of dance journal/hk and www.dancejournalhk.com are bi-monthly periodical devoted exclusively to dance in Hong Kong. We are looking for an Editorial Trainee (renewable contract based).
The Editorial Trainee will:
- Assist the editorial team in shaping and implementing publication and publicity for the Alliance, including interviews and article write-ups, translation, research and development, budget management, design and production management;
- Liaise with writers and external parties in coordinating interviews and collecting materials;
- Track project budgets, maintain accurate documentation and records;
- Assist the editorial team in managing graphic design and production house of publications and publicity;
- Manage online publications and related issues;
- Liaise with clients and potential clients for ad placement;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned,
Qualifications and requirements
- Hong Kong resident. Immediate available is preferred
- Strong interests in and commitment to publication or dance and its related activities
- Tertiary degree holder in journalism / arts administration / cultural studies / language or communication from a recognized university, which obtained within 3 years.
- 1-2 year(s) working experience. Fresh graduates are also welcome
- A responsible and self-motivated team player with outstanding communication, organization, inter-personal, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English and Chinese
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Strong networking in the dance industry is an advantage
Remuneration will be based on working experience. Successful candidates will be offered a renewable contract. Interested candidates are asked to send their full c.v. with a cover letter (marked confidential) stating their current and expected salary and date of availability to email@example.com. Application will close on 15 February 2019.
Data received will be used for recruitment purposes only.
The Arts Production Internship Scheme is supported by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council
For more information, please click here.
Posted on: 2018.11.5