Co-presented by CCDC Dance Center and Hong Kong Dance Alliance, new "REAL" Showcase Series aims to nurture and assist local dance groups and individuals by presenting innovative dance shows at CCDC Dance Center Jockey Club Dance Theater. There are up to 4 productions in a year and the works are selected through an open call-for-proposal process. Only Hong Kong-based choreographers who have never presented full-length works in public performances can apply. Successful applicants receive rehearsal venue sponsorship, professional production technical support, and cash allowance. The presenters will also provide rehearsal venue, publicity and administrative support. As co-presenter, Hong Kong Dance Alliance provides the choreographers with opportunities to receive artistic consultation from established local choreographers and arrange for dance critiques to be written and published in dance journal/hk.
In return, the artist should produce an original full-length dance piece of not less than 45 minutes, and be staged in the CCCD Jockey Club Dance Theater for at least two performances. Up to 2011, 6 choreographers have been presented in the Series:
- "Behind" by Wayson POON, performed in Jan 2010
- "Jenny" by Jody NIP, performed on 4-5Sep, 2010
- "Path Fate" by Joseph NGAN, performed on 8-9 Jan, 2011
- "Museum of Ladies" by Rebecca WONG, Juliana LO and Georgina LAW, performed on 2-3 Apr, 2011
- "Patch Work" by Alan WONG, performed on 2-3 Jul, 2011
- "Mo30" by Kaki LEE, performed on 10-11 Sep, 2011