We are looking for a full-time Editorial Trainee / Assistant to assist the editorial team in shaping and implementing the publication and publicity for the Alliance.
- Working closely with the editorial team to formulate the editorial direction of every issue and corresponding articles of dance journal/hk
- Handling the production and distribution of dance journal/hk, such as coordinating interviews, articles write-up and translation, managing online publications, contacting designers, printing houses and distribution points
- Administering the online platforms of dance journal/hk
- Assisting in monitoring the production schedule and maintaining accurate documentation
- Supporting the logistics of advertisement services to deliver promotional packages for clients
- Collaborating with the office team to produce publicity materials for the Alliance as necessary
Suitable candidates should:
- Be a Hong Kong permanent resident of age 18 or above possessing a recognised university degree in journalism / arts administration / cultural studies / languages / communications, which was obtained within the past 3 years
- Preferably have 1-2 year(s) of work experience; fresh graduates are also welcome
- Be a responsible and self-motivated team player who is able to work independently and under pressure
- Be comfortable with meeting tight schedules and possible follow-up work during unconventional hours
- Be detail-oriented and always strive for accuracy and precision
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be familiar with and interested in the publishing and/or performing arts industry
- Write and speak fluent English and Chinese
- Have elementary knowledge in creating images for social media
Candidates with less experience may be considered for the position of Editorial Trainee. Immediate availability is preferred.
Interested parties are invited to send a detailed CV with a cover letter in English indicating current and expected salaries along with the earliest available date to email@example.com by 31 January 2022 (Monday) 12 noon.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants may consider their application unsuccessful if they do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date.
As the only printed periodical devoted exclusively to dance in Hong Kong, it provides a platform for reviews, in-depth critiques, regular columns and feature articles on dance, dancers, dance educators, dance audiences, and the broader Hong Kong dance industry.
This position is supported by the Arts Production Internship Scheme of the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be treated confidentially.
Download this recruitment advertisement here