The Hong Kong Dance Alliance is a non-profit-making body that supports and promotes all forms of dance in Hong Kong. Major projects include publishing the bi-monthly periodical dance journal/hk, presenting new works by young choreographers in ‘New Force in Motion’ Series and organizing the annual Hong Kong Dance Awards.
We are inviting applications for the position of Arts Administration Trainee. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in wide-ranging arts administrative work – from daily operations and project implementation to marketing and logistics coordination. The trainee will be able to acquire the necessary skillset and vision to further the career as a professional arts administrator.
The Arts AdministrationTrainee will:
- Assist in shaping and implementing stand-alone projects and ongoing initiatives
- Provide support in project operations and logistics
- Facilitate the execution of special/ ad hoc projects
- Maintain accurate documentation and record according to statutory guidelines
- Cooperate with the team for graphic design and production of promotional and publicity materials
- Work along with the Manager for liaison with the Government and other public bodies as a primary voice for the dance industry in Hong Kong
- Meet a diverse range of industry stakeholders and overseas dance organizations
- Draft and translate letters, press releases and documents as required
- Undertake any other duties as assigned
The Arts Administration Trainee should:
- Be a Hong Kong permanent resident of age 18 or above
- Possess a recognised university degree in arts administration / cultural studies / languages / communications or related subjects, which was obtained within the past 3 years
- Preferably have some work experience; fresh graduates are also welcome
- Be responsible, detail-oriented, self-motivated and always work with a can-do attitude
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver within the given timeframe
- Be comfortable with possible duties during unconventional hours arising from project needs
- Be competent in contributing as a team member while working independently and under pressure
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Write and speak excellent English and Chinese
- Have fundamental knowledge and considerable interest in the dance or performing arts industry
- Have basic knowledge in operating design software
Immediate availability is preferred.
Interested parties are invited to send a detailed CV with a cover letter in English indicating current and expected salaries along with date of availability to email@example.com by 9 June 2021 (Wednesday) 12 noon.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Applicants may consider their application unsuccessful if they do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be treated confidentially.
This is a full-time position supported by the Arts Administration Internship Scheme of the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
Download this recruitment advertisement here