Hong Kong Dance Alliance Limited
The Hong Kong Dance Alliance is a non-profit-making body that supports and promotes all forms of dance in Hong Kong. Our projects include publishing the bi-monthly magazine dance journal/hk, presenting new works by young choreographers in ‘New Force in Motion’ Series and organizing the annual Hong Kong Dance Awards.
We are looking for an Editorial Trainee to assist the editorial team in shaping and implementing the publication and publicity for the Alliance.
The Editorial Trainee will:
- Work closely with the Editor to formulate the editorial direction of every issue and corresponding articles of dance journal/hk
- Handling the production and distribution of dance journal/hk, including coordinating interviews, articles write-up and translation, managing online publications, contacting design and printing houses as well as distribution points
- Report to the Administration and Project Manager for the production schedule and financial matters of dance journal/hk, including tracking project budgets and maintaining accurate documentation and records
- Assist in the liaison and logistics of advertisement services to deliver promotional packages for clients
- Collaborate with counterparts to produce publicity materials for the Alliance as necessary
- Undertake any other duties as assigned
The Editorial Trainee should:
- Be a Hong Kong permanent resident of age 18 or above
- Possess a recognised university degree in journalism / arts administration / cultural studies / languages / communications, which was obtained within the past 3 years
- Preferably have 1-2 year(s) of work experience; fresh graduates are also welcome.
- Be a responsible and self-motivated team player who is also able to work independently and under pressure
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be familiar with the local dance and performing arts industry
- Have excellent written and spoken English and Chinese
- Have elementary knowledge in graphic design
- Have strong interest in and commitment to publishing or the performing arts
The employment will commence as part-time with 3-3.5 working days per week. A full-time contract will be offered upon satisfactory performance.
Remuneration will commensurate with work experience. Immediate availability is preferred.
Interested parties are invited to send a detailed CV with a cover letter in English (marked confidential) indicating current and expected salaries along with date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for application: 21 April 2021 (Wednesday) 12 noon
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants may consider their application unsuccessful if they do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be treated confidentially.
Hong Kong Dance Alliance is financially supported by the HKADC
Download this recruitment advertisement here