We are now seeking Project Officer / Project Assistant
The Hong Kong Dance Alliance is a non-profit-making body which supports and promotes all forms of dance in Hong Kong, publishes the bi-monthly magazine dancejournal/hk and hosts the annual Hong Kong Dance Awards.
We are looking for a Project Officer / Project Assistant to assist the Administration & Project Manager in the running of our office based at San Po Kong, Kowloon. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, project planning and execution, timeline and budget management, program publicity, reporting, and regular communication with arts practitioners.
- To execute and deliver stand-alone projects and ongoing initiatives of the Alliance on time and within budget in an effective and professional manner.
- To liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties including governmental and other public bodies to serve as a primary voice for dance in Hong Kong.
- To assist in effective project management, including budgetary control, logistics, timely reporting and compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of related activities.
- To assist in managing budget, documentation and record of each project.
- To draft and translate letters, press releases, documents and dance articles between Chinese and English.
- To manage and assist in graphic design and production of promotional materials.
- To execute administrative tasks.
- To perform ad hoc assignments as required.
Job Descriptions Qualifications and requirements
- Strong interest in and commitment to dance and performing arts.
- University graduate with 2 - 3 years’ relevant work experience preferably in institutes/organizations related to dance, performing arts or culture; background in event management, marketing or media communication also considered. Candidates with less experience are also welcomed and will be considered as Project Assistant.
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Strong networking in the dance/performing arts industry highly desirable.
- Good team player with outstanding communication, organizational, inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-minded, responsible and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written English and Chinese essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office and social media essential. Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and video editing an advantage.
- Able to work independently. Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time based on event schedule.
To learn more about us, please refer to the Alliance’s website and Facebook page:
Interested candidates are asked to send their full resume in English with a cover letter (marked confidential) stating their current and expected salary and date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may consider their application unsuccessful if they do not hear from us within 4 weeks.
Data received will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Hong Kong Dance Alliance is financially supported by the HKADC