We are now seeking Art Administration Trainee
The Hong Kong Dance Alliance is a non-profit-making body that supports and promotes all forms of dance in Hong Kong. Our projects include publishing the bi-monthly magazine dance journal/hk, presenting new work by young choreographers and organizing the annual Hong Kong Dance Awards.
We are looking for an Arts Administration Trainee (renewable contract).
- To assist the Manager in shaping and executing stand-alone projects and ongoing initiatives of the Alliance
- To assist the Manager to liaise with Government and other public bodies to serve as a primary voice for the dance in Hong Kong
- To track project budget, maintain accurate documentation and record of each project
- To manage and assist in graphic design and production of promotional material
- To liaise with overseas dance organizations
- To manage project operation and logistic
- To translate letters, press releases and documents as required
- To coordinate special/ ad hoc projects
- To undertake any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Criteria
- Hong Kong permanent resident aged 18 or above
- Strong interest in and commitment to dance and its related activities
- Tertiary degree holder obtained within the last three years in arts administration/cultural studies/ language, communication or related subject from a recognized university
- 1-2 year(s)’ working experience, preferably in arts administration
- A good team player with outstanding communication, organization, inter-personal and problem solving skills
- Responsible, meticulous, self-motivated, and mature
- Excellent oral and written English and Chinese
- Knowledge in operating design software an advantage
- Able to work independently and under pressure
Strong networking in the dance industry an advantage
Remuneration will be based on working experience. Successful candidates will be offered a renewable contract. Interested candidates are asked to send their full c.v. with a cover letter stating their current and expected salary and date of availability to email@example.com. Application will close on 1 August 2019.
For more information, please click here.
Data received will be used for recruitment purposes only.
The Arts Administration Internship Scheme is supported by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council
Posted on: 2019.7.9